HONORS INDIVIDUALS WHO HAVE PROVIDED OUTSTANDING SERVICE TO THE COMMUNITY
The Hispanic Heritage Awards Celebration occurs in October, during Hispanic Heritage Month. Its purpose is to recognize respected Hispanic community leaders and organizations that exemplify the values of Scouting through their service and support of our community.
The recipient is honored at the Hispanic Heritage Award Event.
Friends and business partners of the honoree purchase corporate sponsorship packages and reserve tables at the event.
HOW CAN I GET INVOLVED?
The event is run by a volunteer organizing committee, comprised of friends and business partners of the honoree.
Past Recipients of the South Florida Council Hispanic Heritage Award include:
- 2015 Cesar Alvarez, Co-Chairman, Greenberg Traurig, LLP
- 2015 Obdulio Piedra, Managing Director, PSG Real Estate Advisors
- 2015 Orlando Roche, Regional President, Sabadell United Bank
- 2015 Alexandra Villoch, President & Publisher, Miami Herald Media Company
- 2014 Ernie Diaz, Regional President, TD Bank Florida
- 2014 Emilio Gonzalez, PhD, Director, Miami‐Dade Aviation Department
- 2014 Jorge Perez, Founder & CEO, Related Housing Group
Proceeds from the Hispanic Heritage Awards Event benefit South Florida Council’s Scouting programs.
Deputy Scout Executive
305-364-0020, Extension 223