- April 29, 2017
6:00 pm - 11:00 pm
What is it? District Awards Dinner is our annual gala evening for adults to join together in fellowship and recognize those in our district who have done outstanding service for the scouts. Either on the district or unit level. Please share this information with other adults and leaders in your Unit to make sure you have a full table and your unit submits people for unit awards and district awards. This is the time to properly recognize individuals who have exemplified the scouting spirit of volunteering within our units and district to provide a better scouting program for our scouts. Come to honor them.
Activities? Awards presentation AND we are having a party, a HOE DOWN with a BBQ dinner! And there will be line dancing (instruction provided) throughout the night! We are encouraging everyone to wear their best western duds. Photo booth will be set up. Contests for biggest belt buckle, fanciest cowboy hat and if time a cowboy yodeling contest (look it up).
Unit awards: These awards are automatic, once selected by your unit those individuals and submitted by Cubmaster/Scoutmaster and/or Committee Chair will be awarded. For every 25 Scouts in your unit you can give out one of each of the following two awards: (Units with 1-25 Scouts can give one of each; units with 26-50 two of each and so on)
- District Awards: These are approved by the District Recognition Committee:
- Submit your awards nominations to Advancement Chair in a sealed envelope at roundtable or email them to her no later than April 3, 2017 You can download the nomination forms by clicking on them.
- Scouter of the Year Award
- Cubmaster/Scoutmaster/Advisor Award (3 awards; one of each)
- Fleur de Lis Award
- District Award of Merit
Cost? Fee is $40 per person till April 9, 2017 Late fee $45 cut off April 26, 2017. Covers dinner and awards and dancing. Dinner is from Mission BBQ.
When & Where? Saturday. April 29, 2017 Check-in is at 6:00 p.m., dinner starts at 6:30, and event ends around 9 p.m. and dancing till 11:00 p.m. The District Dinner will be held at BCPBA Hall (2901 Southwest 26th Terrace, Dania Beach, FL 33312).
Cost? Fee is $40 per person till April 9, 2017 Late fee $45 cut off Wednesday, April 26, 2017. Covers dinner and awards and dancing. Dinner is from Mission BBQ.
Refunds? Refunds are not available but registrations are transferable.
Registration? Tickets can be purchased no later than
: Watch the late fee!
- At Roundtable (March 6th and April 3th),
- Register Online or
- In person at the Council Service Center with the 2017 Pine Island District Recognition Dinner Registration Form.
Insurance? Liability, as well as Sickness and Accident Insurance is provided for all registered members and leaders of the South Florida Council.
More Info? For questions or more information, contact:
- Event Chair: (954) 298-5489
- Advancement Chair: (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Staff Advisor: Denis Silva (305) 364-0020 x-233