- March 4, 2017
10:30 am - 4:00 pm
What is it? The Pinewood Derby is a racing event for Cub Scouts. Cub Scouts with the help of parents, build their own cars from wood, usually from kits containing a block of pine, plastic wheels, and metal axles.
Activities? Cub Scout Spirit while racing cars!
When & Where? Saturday, March 4th 2017; Pompano Beach Elks Lodge: 700 NE 10th St, Pompano Beach, FL 33060.
Please note the following times for registration and race for your division.
Registration begins at 10:30 a.m. Race begins at 11:45am
Open Class begins after all division races have been completed.
Supervision? All units must have two-deep leadership in accordance with Youth Protection guidelines and at least one adult must be Youth Protection Trained.
Cost? $3.00 for each racer. Refunds not available for no-shows. Cost includes: Medals and Ribbons for 1st, 2nd, 3rd place winners.
Families and siblings are welcome, but all children must be supervised by an Adult, and childcare is not provided.
What to bring? Pinewood Derby car, Bring Enthusiasm, willingness to have a good time and Cub Scout Spirit!
Please wear your Cub Scout Uniform (Class A).
Registration? Online Deadline is Friday March 3rd, 2017 by 11:55pm and by 3:30pm on March 3rd, 2017 at the Council Office.
To download the paper registration form Click Here.
Food? We will provide lunch and beverages for the event, bring a relative, friend, Grandma and Grandpa and let’s race!!
More info? For questions or more information contact: Contact Event Chiefs: Jason Kraskiewicz 954-515-7296 or or
Scott Slinko 954-557-2192 or .
Note: If you are a small Pack and are not having a Pinewood Derby, please consider building cars in the Month of February. Come race them at this event. The Pinewood Derby has always been a great event, and builds lasting memories. The race will be using the latest Pinewood Derby software program. The Electronic 3 lane track instantly sends race results to a 10 ft screen for easy viewing. The software automatically advances the brackets for ease of use.
- Cars will be weighed and numbered upon registration.
- There will be a “tune up shop” in the event your car needs tweaking.
- If you would like to participate and volunteer, we would love to have you. Scouting is about making friends, working together and setting positive examples.
- Burgers, hot dogs, chips and beverages for free provided by Pack 512. Entrance fee helps cover the cost of ribbons/medals.
- A Minimum Charge of $20.00 is required to process a Credit Card order. Den and Pack registration may be combined.