Event Phone: 3058993475
- November 18, 2017
7:30 am - 3:00 pm
What is it? Scouting University is an adult training opportunity that allows all adults regardless of their position to learn new skills in a “hands on” environment. These skills are then brought back to the scouts and the units to improve the program for all involved. For information about this event please look at last years course offerings 2016 Scouting University Guide. The 2017 will be similar and will be online by August 30th, 2017.
Who? All registered adults are invited and welcome to attend this yearly training event to make your experience in Scouting more exciting and fun! Scouts deserve a well-trained leader.
When? Saturday, November 18, 2017.
- Registration & Trading Post opens: 7:30 am Program Pavilion
- Opening ceremony: 8:30 am Flag Plaza
- Morning sessions begin: 9:00 am
- Lunch: 12:00 noon Program Pavilion
- Afternoon sessions begin: 1:00 pm
- Classes end: 3:00 pm
Where? This event takes place at BSA SFC Camp Elmore, 3551 SW 142ND Avenue, Davie, FL 33330 and will use multiple locations throughout the camp depending on the class selected.
Cost? (all Pre-registered participants will receive lunch and a patch)
- Registration by 2:00 pm October 27th: $ 15.00 (Receive a $25 Discount)
- Late Registration by 2:00 pm November 10th: $ 25.00 (Receive a $15 Discount)
- Walk-in Registration: $ 40.00 per person. (No guarantee of lunch, class choices available or patch).
Refund? Refunds are not available, but fees are transferable to another event if council is notified by Nov15th.
Food? Lunch is provided with Registration.
What to Bring? Dress in “Class A” for all staff and participants. If you do not have your “Class A” yet, a Class B uniform is acceptable. Please bring note-taking materials and a backpack or briefcase to carry the information you will receive. A camp chair is strongly recommended. Hats and sunscreen for outdoor sessions. Bring a cup or water bottle, water coolers will be available throughout camp.
Weather? This is a “rain or shine” event.
Registration? Register online or with a paper registration after August 30th, 2017
- At the South Florida Council, BSA, 15255 NW 82nd Avenue, Miami Lakes, FL 33016.
- Via E-mail to
- Via Fax to (305) 821-6222 (Attn.: Myrna)
- To pay by phone call (305) 364-0020 or (954) 584-4200
- Make checks payable to South Florida Council, BSA.
Insurance? Liability as well as Sickness and Accident Insurance is provided for all registered members and leaders of the South Florida Council.
More Info? Contact Event Chair George Cvejanovich at (305) 899-3475 or .