HONORS INDIVIDUALS WHO HAVE PROVIDED OUTSTANDING SERVICE TO THE COMMUNITY
The Distinguished Citizen Award is presented to individual community leaders who provide outstanding civic service to the adult and/or youth in the community.
Those who receive the award are not necessarily Boy Scout volunteers, but rather individuals who personify what the Boy Scouts stand for – good citizenship, outstanding moral fiber with a dedication to others, and for living their lives by the Scout Oath and Law.
The recipient is honored at the Distinguished Citizen’s Awards Event.
Friends and business partners of the honoree purchase corporate sponsorship packages and reserve tables at the event.
HOW CAN I GET INVOLVED?
The event is run by a volunteer organizing committee, comprised of friends and business partners of the honoree.
Past Recipients of the South Florida Council Distinguished Citizen Award include:
- 2016 Mike Fernandez, Chairman, MBF Healthcare Partners, L.P.
- 2016 Allen Morris, Chairman & CEO, Allen Morris Company
- 2015 Tibor Hollo, Chairman & President, Florida East Coast Realty
- 2015 Steve Mariano, Chairman & CEO, Patriot National Insurance Group
- 2013 Governor Bob Graham, State of Florida
- 2013 Chancellor Ray Ferrero, Jr. , Nova Southeastern University
Proceeds from the Distinguished Citizen’s Awards Event benefit South Florida Council’s Scouting programs.
Deputy Scout Executive
305-364-0020, Extension 223